AUTHOR No. 1 is emblazoned with four collectable covers that feature some of the most exciting top models in the fashion industry today: Chiharu Okunugi, Katlin Aas, Aymeline Valade, and Ajak Deng. Bringing together contemporary voices that celebrate diverse points of view and illustrated with 188 photographs, the uniquely creative and original editorial content of AUTHOR, No. 1 includes:
- Interviews with designer Gaia Trussardi, ASVOFF founder Diane Pernet, DSquared2 founders Dean and Dan Caten, athlete and actress Aimee Mullins, visual artist Simon Henwood, film icon Sophia Loren, artist and activist Ai Weiwei, artist Tomoo Gokita, and artist Mary Obering, all illustrated with spectacular photographs;
- Four twenty-page major fashion features that showcase AUTHOR No. 1’s cover models in stories inspired by the visuals of iconic music videos;
- Exclusive new work by artist and photographer Nobuyoshi Araki and photographer Daido Moriyama;
- Never-before-seen Polaroid images taken by photographer Steven Sebring twenty-five years ago;
- Striking photo essays on perfume and beauty by photographer Helmut Stelzenberger;
- Poems by Felix Macherez, illustrated by photographer Frederick Evans.
- A “Last Word” essay by Harvard Business School lecturer Pauline Brown on today’s need for sources of inspiration and self-expression at a time when Big Data leads firms, including those in fashion, to dehumanize their customers.
Translations of the main articles into French, Italian, Chinese, and Japanese appear at the back of the book.
AUTHOR is unlike anything the print media has seen, with gilded pages ensconced inside black linen cover with a tip on photograph featuring one of four of the top models in the industry today: Chiharu Okunugi, Katlin Aas, Aymeline Valade, and Ajak Deng. Crack it open and you will discover a new world of luxury publishing that creates a seamless journey through fashion, photography, and art.
— Crave Online
Oona Chanel is a serial entrepreneur, fashion consultant, and model. She has produced work for major European fashion houses and is an internationally recognized figure in global fashion.